Good morning, in this edition of Archer’s 2021 Newsletter, we highlight some of the Company’s recent activities and reflect on what has been a special year for Archer.
Last week we published a wrap up of the Q2B Conference that Archer attended in Silicon Valley. The event saw leaders from the global quantum ecosystem meet to discuss the business of quantum computing, and industry expectations in the mid-term.
The Archer team also recently made a significant step in progressing the Company’s biochip technology. We developed our first biochemical reactions for potential applications in on-chip detection and quantification of specific genetic information relevant to viruses and bacteria. The work directly relates to the biochip’s future operation and applications in disease detection.
You may have noticed front-end evidence of our proactive approach to growing the Archer team with the Archer website now updated to include a Careers section. We have a unique team at Archer and we work with some of the very best organisations in the world. We are looking forward to attracting and retaining some of the best talent in deep tech in Australia and internationally.
We are headed into 2022 with confidence, looking back on what was an eventful 2021 for Archer:
- Step change achievements were made in our technology development for both our 12CQ quantum computing chip and biochip technology.
- Patents related to the 12CQ quantum computing chip technology were granted in Japan, South Korea, China, and USA.
- Archer signed a new agreement with IBM, an LOI with The Australian Missile Corporation, an MOU with The Australian Institute for Machine Learning, and made significant progress with fellow IBM Quantum Network member Max Kelsen.
- Our mineral exploration tenements were sold and Archer was admitted to the S&P/ASX All Technology Index – as a pure-play deep tech.
- Capital was raised to grow the Company through the support of global institutional investors and existing shareholders which sees Archer well-funded in the year ahead.
I would like to thank our shareholders for their continued support. With the holiday season approaching and a new year only weeks away, I wish you all a wonderful 2021 and I look forward to an exciting 2022.
Dr Mohammad Choucair, FRACI FRSN GAICD
Chief Executive Officer
Archer Materials Limited (ASX: AXE)